The EU NanoSafety Cluster is a DG RTD NMP initiative comprised of nine on-going projects including NANOSOLUTIONS that aims to maximise synergies between the existing FP6 and FP7 projects addressing all aspects of nanosafety.
The Project nanOxiMet has worked closely with the cluster and are holding their final workshop “Oxidative potential as a metric for nanomaterial grouping” in May 2016.
The workshop promises an interesting program (pdf) comprising lectures of international experts and nanOxiMet partners on nanomaterials (NM) and their oxidative potential concerning characterisation, toxicological effects and possible grouping will be presented.
- Flemming Cassee (RIVM and University of Utrecht, NL)
- Keld Alstrup Jensen (NRCWE, Denmark)
- Markus Kalberer (University of Oxford, UK)
- Ian Mudway (King’s College London, UK)
The presentations will cover:
- Characterisation and “challenges” of NM especially of oxidative potential
- Toxicological effects of NM focusing on the three tiers of oxidative stress
- OP as promising metric for NM grouping, in epidemiology and in regulation?
To join the workshop register here.
For further information on the workshop contact Bryan Hellack via email@example.com.
More on nanOxiMet